[Kde-pim] ETA for Serializer compatibilty?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Sep 18 13:09:07 BST 2010

Hi all,

since a lof of people (including myself numberous times) have run into the
problems with serializer incompatibilties, I wanted to ask if there is an ETA
of when these changes will be finished.

Right now applications using data types not covered by serializers from
kdepim-runtime trunk crash due to a payload expection when running on
kdepimlibs trunk.
Such pains are to be expected when developing against trunk libs, however, it
would be nice if completing these payload/serializer changes could be finished
rather sooner than later.

While there is of course still quite some time left in the 4.6 cycle, we don't
want this to creep up on us shortly before the hard freeze.

So any estimates when kdepimlibs trunk will regain compatibilty with <= 4.5
apps (or third party apps not developing against trunk)?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring