[Kde-pim] KMail takes ages to load mails

Maciek Zarzycki zarzych at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 08:25:42 BST 2010

Hi,

I've just migrated to Kontact 4.4.93 and I've noticed that KMail takes ages to
load emails from disk every time it is restarted. I'm talking about few
minutes for a folder with 1000+ emails and not much less for folders containig
~100 emails. Also mysqld is eating up about 50% of cpu (100% of one core on a
core 2 duo machine) during loading.

The emails are stored in a maildir resource so loading should be
instantenious. At least it was in the old KMail.

I will be happy to provide any info you need and do a bit of debugging if you
give me instructions :).

Btw, should I create a ticket on bugs.kde.org for this?

Cheers,
Maciek