[Kde-pim] Akonadi conflict resolve dialog is not user friendly

Tobias König tokoe at kde.org
Mon Sep 13 10:05:40 BST 2010

On Friday 10 September 2010 23:10:35 David Jarvie wrote:
> On Friday 10 September 2010 16:44:53 David Jarvie wrote:
Hej David,

> Is there a way to display the dialog with the kcal plugin, so that I can see
> how this appears?
You somehow have to trigger a conflict with items that carry a KCal::Event
payload. Then the conflictdialog should load the kcal serializer plugin.

> I've looked at akonadi_serializer_kcal.h/cpp/desktop for
> some inspiration, but it doesn't obviously do any formatting to the plain
> text iCalendar entry.
No, it doesn't do any formatting, just collects the diff information between
two Akonadi::Item instances (see SerializerPluginKCal::compare).

The formatting of the diff is done by the HtmlDifferencesReporter class
in kdepimlibs/akonadi/conflicthandling/conflictresolvedialog.cpp
This should be generic (also we could make it a bit more pretty ;)) for all
types, it just shows which fields differ/conflict.
It's the task of the serializer plugins to define the fields (e.g. phone
number, start date, etc.)

Ciao,
Tobias