[Kde-pim] KAlarm compilation issues

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Oct 11 16:00:07 BST 2010

Hi,

 after today's update of pimlibs + pim, KAlarm fails to compile. The
error I got is:

[ 88%] Building CXX object
kalarm/akonadi/CMakeFiles/akonadi_kalarm_resource.dir/__/__/runtime/resources/ical/icalresourcebase.o
In file included from /home/kolab/development/sources/kde-
trunk/kdepim/runtime/resources/ical/icalresourcebase.h:24:0,
                 from /home/kolab/development/sources/kde-
trunk/kdepim/runtime/resources/ical/icalresourcebase.cpp:21:
/home/kolab/development/sources/kde-
trunk/kdepim/runtime/resources/shared/singlefileresource.h: In
constructor
‘Akonadi::SingleFileResource<Settings>::SingleFileResource(const
QString&) [with Settings = Settings]’:
/home/kolab/development/sources/kde-
trunk/kdepim/runtime/resources/ical/icalresourcebase.cpp:40:38:
instantiated from here
/home/kolab/development/sources/kde-
trunk/kdepim/runtime/resources/shared/singlefileresource.h:51:61: error:
no matching function for call to ‘Settings::Settings(const
KSharedConfig::Ptr&)’
/home/kolab/development/build/kde-
trunk/kdepim/kalarm/akonadi/settings.h:125:5: note: candidates are:
Settings::Settings()
/home/kolab/development/build/kde-
trunk/kdepim/kalarm/akonadi/settings.h:10:1: note:
Settings::Settings(const Settings&)

First of all, I was thinking that the ical resource fails to compile,
but no, that compiles just fine. Then I saw that it is kalarm, and has
code like that in the cmakelist.txt:
set(kalarmresource_SRCS
    ${AKONADI_SINGLEFILERESOURCE_SHARED_SOURCES}
    ${AKONADI_ICAL_RESOURCE}/icalresourcebase.cpp
    kalarmresource.cpp
)

AKONADI_ICAL_RESOURCE == runtime/resources/ical

Well, there are two issues:
1) kdepim/kalarm includes something from kdepim/runtime
2) icalresourcebase.cpp includes "settings.h" (a KConfigXT generated
file), that is both generated from a file in runtime/resources/ical and
kalarm/akonadi . As I see the error above is the mismatch between these
two files, the wrong one is used.

2) could be solved by using a different name for KAlarm instead of
Settings, but 1) is still there, so maybe it is better to keep a copy of
the required file. That is also not so nice, though.

Andras