[Kde-pim] Re: kdepimlibs and kdateedit

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:28:57 GMT 2010

On Sunday 28 November 2010 22:38:11 John Layt wrote:

> /me makes note in 4.7 todo list:
>
> * Review all date/time classes and widgets in KDE, merge into kdelibs where
> appropriate, and make more consistent in behaviour / appearance where
> possible

Just doing some find's on svn looking for interesting files with date, time or
calendar in their name gives a lot of stuff to have a look at (see below).
There's a few false positives in there, and some stuff I left just out of
curiosity to see how people use dates/times, but it shows just how much
possible duplication there is.

Besides all the obvious date/time pickers and editors we're probably also
needing:
  * KDateTimeEdit, with KDateEdit and KTimeEdit subclasses like Qt does?
  * KDateRange / KDateTimeRange + edit widget
  * KLocalizedDateTime
  * Some way to enter / store partial dates, e.g. when you know someones
    birthday but not their age.

Any other ideas?

Cheers!

John.

kdelibs:

./kded/kctimefactory.h

./kdecore/date/kdatetime.h
./kdecore/date/kdatetimeformatter_p.h
./kdecore/date/kdatetimeparser_p.h
./kdecore/date/klocalizeddate.h
./kdecore/date/ksystemtimezone.h
./kdecore/date/ktimezone.h
./kdecore/date/ktzfiletimezone.h
./kdecore/date/kcalendarsystem.h
./kdecore/date/kcalendarera_p.h
./kdecore/date/kdayperiod_p.h

./kunitconversion/timeunit.h

./security/crypto/kdatetimedlg.h

./kutils/kidletime/kidletime.h

./kdeui/widgets/kdatepicker.h
./kdeui/widgets/kdatetimewidget.h
./kdeui/widgets/kdatetable.h
./kdeui/widgets/kdatewidget.h

./kdeui/widgets/kdatetimewidget.h
./kdeui/widgets/ktimezonewidget.h

./khtml/imload/animtimer.h

./kjs/date_object.h

./nepomuk/query/dateparser_p.h
./nepomuk/utils/daterangeselectionwidget.h
./nepomuk/utils/daterangeselectionwidget.ui
./nepomuk/utils/datefacet.h
./nepomuk/utils/daterange.h

./khtml/html/TimeRanges.h
./khtml/svg/ElementTimeControl.h
./khtml/svg/animation/SMILTime.h
./khtml/svg/animation/SMILTimeContainer.h

./kate/plugins/timedate/timedate.h
./kate/plugins/timedate/timedateui.rc
./kate/plugins/timedate/timedate_config.h

kdepimlibs

./akonadi/contact/editor/dateeditwidget.h
./akonadi/contact/editor/kdatepickerpopup_p.h

./gpgme++/gpgsetexpirytimeeditinteractor.h

./kabc/timezone.h

./kcalcore/icaltimezones.h

./kmime/kmime_dateformatter.h

kdebase:

./apps/kfind/kdatecombo.h

./apps/nsplugins/sdk/npruntime.h

./runtime/kcontrol/componentchooser/ktimerdialog.h

./runtime/nepomuk/kioslaves/common/timelinetools.h
./runtime/nepomuk/kioslaves/timeline/kio_timeline.h

./workspace/kcontrol/dateandtime/dtime.h
./workspace/kcontrol/dateandtime/dateandtime.ui

./workspace/kcontrol/randr/ktimerdialog.h

./workspace/kwin/kcmkwin/kwincompositing/ktimerdialog.h

./workspace/ksysguard/gui/TimerSettings.h

./workspace/libs/plasmaclock/timezonesConfig.ui

./workspace/libs/plasmaclock/calendar.h
./workspace/libs/plasmaclock/calendartable.h

kdepim

./calendarsupport/daterangefilterproxymodel.h

./calendarviews/eventviews/agenda/calendardecoration.h
./calendarviews/eventviews/agenda/timelabels.h
./calendarviews/eventviews/agenda/timelabelszone.h
./calendarviews/eventviews/agenda/timescaleconfigdialog.h
./calendarviews/eventviews/agenda/timescaleedit_base.ui
./calendarviews/eventviews/timeline/timelineitem.h
./calendarviews/eventviews/timeline/timelineview.h

./incidenceeditor-ng/freeperiodmodel.h
./incidenceeditor-ng/incidencedatetime.h
./incidenceeditor-ng/ktimezonecombobox.h

./kaddressbook/xxport/csv/dateparser.h

./kalarm/alarmcalendar.h
./kalarm/alarmtimewidget.h
./kalarm/calendarcompat.h
./kalarm/startdaytimer.h
./kalarm/timeselector.h
./kalarm/cal/datetime.h
./kalarm/cal/kacalendar.h
./kalarm/lib/synchtimer.h
./kalarm/lib/timeedit.h
./kalarm/lib/timeperiod.h
./kalarm/lib/timespinbox.h
./kalarm/lib/timezonecombo.h

./kdgantt2/kdganttdatetimegrid.h

./korganizer/datechecker.h
./korganizer/datenavigator.h
./korganizer/datenavigatorcontainer.h
./korganizer/kdatenavigator.h
./korganizer/plugins/datenums/datenums.h
./korganizer/views/timelineview/kotimelineview.h

./ktimetracker/ktimetrackerconfigdialog.h
./ktimetracker/ktimetrackerutility.h
./ktimetracker/timekard.h
./ktimetracker/timetrackerwidget.h

./libkdepim/kdateedit.h
./libkdepim/kdatepickerpopup.h
./libkdepim/ktimeedit.h

./mobile/calendar/calendarinterface.h
./mobile/calendar/qmldateedit.h
./mobile/calendar/TimelineView.qml
./mobile/calendar/timelineviewitem.h
./mobile/lib/Calendar.qml
./mobile/lib/CalendarDay.qml
./mobile/lib/calendar/CalendarDialog.qml

./plugins/messageviewer/bodypartformatter/memorycalendarmemento.h

./runtime/libkdepim-copy/kdatepickerpopup.h
./runtime/resources/imap/timestampattribute.h

kdeedu:

./khangman/src/timer.h
./khangman/src/timerui.ui

./marble/src/lib/TimeControlWidget.h
./marble/src/lib/TimeControlWidget.ui
./marble/src/lib/MarbleTimeSettingsWidget.ui
./marble/src/lib/geodata/data/GeoDataTimePrimitive.h
./marble/src/lib/geodata/data/GeoDataTimeSpan.h
./marble/src/lib/geodata/data/GeoDataTimeStamp.h

./klettres/src/timer.h
./klettres/src/timerui.ui

./kstars/kstars/kstarsdatetime.h
./kstars/kstars/timezonerule.h
./kstars/kstars/dialogs/timedialog.h
./kstars/kstars/satlib/timeval.h
./kstars/kstars/tools/altvstime.h
./kstars/kstars/tools/altvstime.ui
./kstars/kstars/tools/argsetlocaltime.ui
./kstars/kstars/tools/argsetfocustimeoutindi.ui
./kstars/kstars/tools/argtimescale.ui
./kstars/kstars/tools/calendarwidget.h
./kstars/kstars/tools/modcalcsidtime.h
./kstars/kstars/tools/modcalcsidtime.ui
./kstars/kstars/tools/skycalendar.h
./kstars/kstars/tools/skycalendar.ui
./kstars/kstars/widgets/timeunitbox.h
./kstars/kstars/widgets/timespinbox.h
./kstars/kstars/widgets/timestepbox.h
./kstars/kstars/widgets/genericcalendarwidget.h
./kstars/kstars/widgets/genericcalendarwidget.ui
./kstars/kstars/widgets/moonphasecalendarwidget.h

kdegames:

./kgoldrunner/src/kgrtimer.h

kdegraphics:

./gwenview/lib/datewidget.h

kdeplasma-addons

./runners/datetime/datetimerunner.cpp
./runners/events/datetime_range.h
./runners/events/datetime_parser.h

./applets/timer/customtimeeditor.h
./applets/timer/predefinedTimersConfig.ui
./applets/timer/timer.h
./applets/timer/timerConfig.ui
./applets/timer/timerdigit.h

./dataengines/microblog/timelinesource.h

kdenetwork:

./kopete/libkopete/kopeteidletimer.h

./kopete/protocols/jabber/googletalk/libjingle/talk/base/time.h

./kget/transfer-plugins/bittorrent/libbtcore/util/timer.h
./kget/transfer-plugins/bittorrent/libbtcore/torrent/timeestimator.h

kdetoys:

./kteatime/src/timeedit.h
./kteatime/src/timeedit.ui

kdeutils:

./kgpg/selectexpirydate.h

./superkaramba/src/sensors/date.h

./ktimer/ktimer.h

extragear/graphics

./digikam/digikam/datefolderview.h
./digikam/digikam/kdateedit.h
./digikam/digikam/kdatepickerpopup.h
./digikam/digikam/kdatetimeedit.h
./digikam/kioslave/digikamdates.h
./digikam/utilities/advancedrename/parser/options/dateoption.h
./digikam/utilities/advancedrename/parser/options/dateoptiondialogwidget.ui
./digikam/utilities/timeline/timelinewidget.h

./kipi-plugins/calendar/plugin_calendar.h
./kipi-plugins/dngconverter/dngwriter/extra/dng_sdk/dng_date_time.h
./kipi-plugins/gpssync/gpsdataparser_time.h
./kipi-plugins/imageviewer/timer.h
./kipi-plugins/metadataedit/exif/exifdatetime.h
./kipi-plugins/timeadjust/plugin_timeadjust.h
./kipi-plugins/timeadjust/timeadjustdialog.h

./kphotoalbum/DB/ImageDate.h
./kphotoalbum/DB/ImageDateCollection.h
./kphotoalbum/DateBar/DateBarWidget.h
./kphotoalbum/XMLDB/XMLImageDateCollection.h
./kphotoalbum/AnnotationDialog/KDateEdit.h
./kphotoalbum/MainWindow/InvalidDateFinder.h
./kphotoalbum/SQLDB/SQLImageDateCollection.h

extragear/multimedia

./amarok/src/context/plasma/sharedtimer_p.h
./kaffeine/src/datetimeedit.h
./k3b/src/k3btimeoutwidget.h
./k3b/libk3b/videodvd/k3bvideodvdtime.h
./kmplayer/src/moz-sdk/npruntime.h
./kmid/drumstick/include/alsatimer.h
./kmid/widgets/timelabel.h

extragear/multimedia
./knemo/src/kcm/kdateedit.h
./knemo/src/kcm/kdatepickerpopup.h

extragear/office

./tellico/src/gui/datewidget.h
./tellico/src/gui/datefieldwidget.h
./tellico/src/utils/calendarhandler.h

./kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/icalendarexport/icalendarexport.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/icalendarexport/schedulestoicalendar.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/icalendarexport/kcm_icalendarexport.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/kbanking/dialogs/kbpickstartdate.cpp
./kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/kbanking/dialogs/kbpickstartdate.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/plugins/kbanking/dialogs/kbpickstartdate.ui
./kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/imymoneyprocessingcalendar.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneycalendar.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneydateinput.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneydatetbl.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneyscheduledcalendar.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/widgets/kmymoneyscheduleddatetbl.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/wizards/newloanwizard/effectivedatewizardpage.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/wizards/newloanwizard/variableinterestdatewizardpage.h
./kmymoney/kmymoney/wizards/newloanwizard/effectivedatewizardpagedecl.ui
./kmymoney/kmymoney/wizards/newloanwizard/variableinterestdatewizardpagedecl.ui

./skrooge/skgbasegui/kdateedit.h
./skrooge/skgbasegui/kdatepickerpopup.h
./skrooge/skgbasegui/kdatevalidator.h
./skrooge/skgbasegui/skgdateeditdesignerplugin.h
./skrooge/skgbasegui/skgdatepickerpopup.h
./skrooge/skgbasegui/skgdateedit.h
./skrooge/skgbasegui/skgdateeditdesignerplugin.cpp

extragear/utils

./krecipes/src/widgets/kdateedit.cpp
./krecipes/src/widgets/kdatepickerpopup.h
./krecipes/src/widgets/kdateedit.h

./rsibreak/src/rsitimer.h

koffice

./plugins/variables/DateVariable.h
./plugins/variables/DateVariableFactory.h
./plugins/variables/FixedDateFormat.h
./plugins/variables/FixedDateFormat.ui

./libs/koproperty/editors/dateedit.h
./libs/koproperty/editors/datetimeedit.h
./libs/koproperty/editors/timeedit.h
./libs/main/rdf/KoRdfCalendarEventEditWidget.ui
./libs/main/rdf/KoRdfCalendarEvent.h
./libs/main/rdf/KoRdfCalendarEventTreeWidgetItem.h

./kexi/plugins/forms/widgets/kexidbdateedit.h
./kexi/plugins/forms/widgets/kexidbdatetimeedit.h
./kexi/webforms/webroot/extjs/resources/css/date-picker.css
./kexi/widget/utils/kexidatetimeformatter.h
./kexi/widget/tableview/kexidatetimetableedit.h
./kexi/widget/tableview/kexidatetableedit.h
./kexi/plugins/forms/widgets/kexidbtimeedit.h
./kexi/widget/tableview/kexitimetableedit.h

./krita/plugins/paintops/libpaintop/sensors/kis_dynamic_sensor_time.h
./krita/plugins/paintops/libpaintop/sensors/SensorTimeConfiguration.ui

./kdgantt/kdganttdatetimegrid.h
./kdgantt/kdgantttimescalezoomdialog.h

./kspread/functions/datetime.cpp
./kspread/functions/DateTimeModule.h
./kspread/plugins/calendar/CalendarTool.h
./kspread/plugins/calendar/CalendarToolWidget.h
./kspread/plugins/calendar/CalendarToolFactory.h
./kspread/plugins/calendar/CalendarToolWidget.ui

./filters/kpresenter/powerpoint/DateTimeFormat.h
./filters/kplato/icalendar/export/icalendarexport.h

./kplato/libs/kernel/kptdatetime.h
./kplato/libs/kernel/kptdatetime.cpp
./kplato/libs/models/kcalendar/kdatepicker.h
./kplato/libs/models/kcalendar/kdatetable.h
./kplato/libs/ui/standardworktimedialogbase.ui
./kplato/libs/ui/kptstandardworktimedialog.h
./kplato/plugins/scripting/Calendar.h
./kplato/libs/ui/kptcalendareditor.h
./kplato/libs/kernel/kptcalendar.h
./kplato/libs/models/kptcalendarmodel.h