[Kde-pim] [Announcement] KMail Bug Squashing Weekend

Tobias König tokoe at kde.org
Tue Nov 9 18:48:27 GMT 2010

Hej Pimsters,

after some recent discussion on the IRC channel about the future of KDE-PIM,
we decided to release KDE-PIM together with KDE 4.6. That means however, that
the mainstoppers must be fixed until then.

After most of the performance regressions in KMail have been fixed some weeks
ago, we want to use the coming weekend 13. - 14. November to squash as many
showstopper bugs as possible in our favorite mail application.

So if you like to join, show up on #akonadi or #kontact IRC channel and then
we can coordinate the work.

It would be nice if some longtime KMail developers (Ingo, Till?) could be
around for a few hours as well, to give some insight on the more obscure parts
of the code ;)

Ciao,
Tobias