[Kde-pim] Re: Failure of migration of IMAP accounts with disabled KWallet

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Nov 29 16:31:17 GMT 2010

On Monday, 2010-11-29, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> according to recent tests the migration of IMAP accounts fails
> completely (it hangs indefinitely) if the user has disabled KWallet. I
> had a look into the code and AFAICS the IMAP Akonadi resource doesn't
> work at all if KWallet is disabled. I did fix a logical error (in
> resources/imap/settings.cpp) locally so that at least the password
> dialog is shown as intended instead of failing silently. Unfortunately,
> it times out after 15 seconds or so.
>
> I will look some more into this problem if time permits.
>
> What I don't understand at all is why the migration of IMAP accounts
> needs to access the IMAP server. IMO it should also work if the user is
> offline or temporarily has no access to the IMAP server.

The idea was to let the resource create the collections for its folders and
then map them to folders in the migrator.

We could probably create the collections in the migrator using the cached
folder structure, applying the same "hidden session" trick we use for cache
items.

Maybe with a fallback to resource provided collection in case the local tree
is not available.

I'll try to find time to look into this.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring