[Kde-pim] Re: kdepimlibs and kdateedit

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:52:41 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 November 2010 23:15:45 Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 November 2010 8:13:26 am Lynn Hazan wrote:
> > I am developing an application where the KDEPIM kdateedit would be of
> > great use. I could not find it in kdepimlibs, is there a plan to include
> > it there?
>
> There have been a few attempts to move kdateedit and ktimeedit into kdelibs
> over the years.   We never have accomplished that feat.
>
> Moving into kdepimlibs would be another possibility, but honestly I'd
> rather seem them (and kcheckcombobox) moved into kdelibs.
>
> OTOH: kdepimlibs is better than what we have now.
>
> Bottom line: there is no good technical reason not to move these out of
> kdepim; we just never found someone to push the issue and make it happen.
>
> Perhaps we move into kdepimlibs/kpimwidgets for now.  See how that goes.
>
> Volunteers needed in any case.
>
> -Allen

I'd like to see all the date/time widgets in KDE reviewed and amalgamated as
much as possible in kdelibs, or at least made consistent in behaviour and
appearance.  I just didn't have the time in 4.6.  Unless you really want to
move them to kdepimlibs for 4.6, I'd be happy to make it one of my priority
items for 4.7.

John.