[Kde-pim] Does an Akonadi resource know what Collection it's handling?

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Wed May 26 13:29:03 BST 2010

Hi Tobias,

On Wed, May 26, 2010 9:34 am, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:50:48PM +0100, David Jarvie wrote:
> Hej David,
>
>> In the implementation of a resource (specifically KAlarmResource,
>> inherited from ICalResourceBase),
>> is it possible for it to know which Collection its calendar data belongs
>> to?
> Akonadi::Item has a parentCollection() method to access the collection it
> belongs to.
>
>> I need to know in the resource whether the Collection is read-only or
>> not.
> Where do you need to know it? And why?

If the calendar file being represented by the Collection is in an old
KAlarm format, the user should be offered the option of updating it to the
current format (although I haven't yet worked out how this option should
be offered for an Akonadi resource). But if the Collection is read-only,
this option should not be available.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.