[Kde-pim] New release of KBBDB

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Fri May 28 13:18:06 BST 2010

Hi,

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 16:16:51 Raj Mathur (राज  माथुर) wrote:
> You can stop holding your breath, the new version of KBBDB which works
> with KDE 4.4.3 is released.  Thanks to Kevin Krammer for inputs and for
> creating kabcclient, which the new KBBDB uses.  Minus several points to
> whoever decided that no qdbus/dcop-type interface would be available for
> adding entries to Akonadi from the Unix command line and forced me to do
> some Real Work for a change ;-)
>
> As always, KBBDB is available from:
>
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbbdb/
>
> In a nutshell, when configured as a KMail filter, KBBDB automagically
> adds unseen sender addresses from received mails to your address book, a
> la the Insidious Big Brother Database (BBDB) of Emacs fame.  Feedback
> welcome.

Interesting project. However, I can't see anything to download at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kbbdb/files/.
I assume KBBDB hooks up into the KMail filters, right? If it uses the "is in
addressbook" filter type, that would be a problem, since due to a regression
related to porting addressbook code to Akonadi, KMail will duplicate POP3
mails if such a filter type is used... Just as a word of warning so that you
know.

Regards,
Thomas