[Kde-pim] SyncML project

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Wed May 26 12:45:56 BST 2010

Hi,

> Is this under active development? Where can I follow development?
Yes it is, we've a GSoC project this year aiming to finish the SyncML-integration. This will be done via an Akonadi SyncEvolution plugin that already exists in rudimentary form and is based on the code found in playground/pim/syncml. This is done by Dinesh. He's currently busy setting up a public Git repo clone of SyncEvo. The other part is a GUI for syncing. Last year's effort had a GUI as part of the developed Akonadi agent but we'll go for a separate syncing app. Ravi applied to help out here as part of a Seasons of KDE project. I just started a wiki page to get this documented [1].

> Where
> can I submit code?  I have the half-finished project from last year's GSoC
> just about done.
Wow, that sounds awesome. For now you could send it to this list or to me directly for review. This is interesting, as we decided to go for a different SyncML-backend for this year's GSoC because of several issues with Funambol libs.

Footnotes:
 [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/SyncML
--
Sascha Peilicke