[Kde-pim] KDEPIM Needs More TIme

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun May 16 12:25:28 BST 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Sun, 16 May 2010 05:19:49 am Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > All you will lose is some meta data (e.g. the state of the
> > messages). Another advantage of limiting the migration to the meta
> > data (e.g. the information in KMail's index files) is that there
> > is less potential for migration errors.
>
> That's good to know, sounds reasonable.
>
> How about the config data? Account setup etc.

Config data is the real problem. It is likely to get lost on the
migration. As this has always been the case with almost all upgrades of
KDE PIM (e.g. when the configuration of the sending accounts was moved
from kmailrc to another file or when the configuration of the identities
was moved from kmailrc to another file) I don't see why we should handle
this differently for this upgrade. A possible solution would be to leave
kmailrc untouched and use kmail2rc for KMail 2, but I'm not sure it's
worth doing so.

Regards,
Ingo