[Kde-pim] Akonadi startup errors

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 25 21:54:45 BST 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-05-25, Raj Mathur (राज  माथुर) wrote:

> Cleaning that up makes things much faster, and kabcclient only gives 3
> messages now:
>
> No operation specified, assuming --search

kabcclient actually expects one of its operations options to be specified, but
since I like a kind of fallback usefullness I decided that no option means a
warning and going into search mode, i.e, anything passed to it via commandline
or stdin will be searched for in the addressbook.

see kabcclient --help for a general help.
You can also pass help as a parameter to most options (e.g. formats) to see
which one you can specify.
It should also come with a man page.

> Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
> <unknown program name>(705)/ main: Migrator instance already running for
> type  "contact"
> Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)

That's something in our codebase that we will change when we have the time to.
Qt seemed to have changed one of its signals to a deprecated status, so it
still works but is no longer the recommended thing to use.

> Will eventually be migrating to LDAP (managing 16K+ and growing contacts
> in a VCard dir isn't that good an idea), will ask for help then.

One of our newer contributors has indicated that we would see into working on
an LDAP resource backend for Akonadi.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring