[Kde-pim] [SORT-OF-SOLVED] Re: More breakage on upgrade to 4.4.3

Raj Mathur ( राज =?utf-8?b?IOCkruCkvuCkpeClgeCksA==?=) raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue May 25 09:33:29 BST 2010

On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 May 2010, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 11:10:12AM +0530, Raj Mathur (?????????
> >
> > ???????????????) wrote:
> > > 3 (new address books popping up) is still unclear -- don't know
> > > whether it's solved or not.  Last time I checked Akonadi still
> > > seemed to be adding new sources whenever it got bored.
> >
> > No idea about this one, never saw this before... Could it be that
> > some migration tool is running on every startup for you, which
> > tries to migrate your old resources?
>
> Yes it does.  Some Resource Migrator pops up whenever I start
> kaddressbook or kmail, gives some "Unable to migrate to compatibility
> bridge" or similar messages and then vanishes after a while.  No clue
> where this is coming from.  Can give you exact messages if you like.

Specifically, the messages that the pop-up displays are either:

Trying to migrate 'dir address book'...
No native backend for 'dir address book' available.
Trying to migrate 'dir address book' to compatibility bridge...
Migration of 'dir address book' to compatibility bridge failed: Unable
to create compatibility bridge.

OR

Trying to migrate "dir address book" from compatibility bridge to native
backend...
No native backend available, keeping compatibility bridge for 'dir
address book'.

along with a bunch of messages of the form:

Bridged resource 'TPbHZJiJQH' has no standard resource.

Regards,

-- Raj
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/