[Kde-pim] Proposal for a solution for bug 77862

Guy Maurel guy.j at maurel.de
Tue May 11 09:42:26 BST 2010

Hi!

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 02:22:34 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
I made some more investigations.
I am using a laptop with a WLAN-Connection, at home, behind a DSL-Router.
There, I have the oppurtunity to change the network for the WLAN, let say
from 192.168.3.x to 192.168.4.x
The network-Manager is working pretty well ( a little bit slow, I have to wait),
discover the missing of the old-network, discover the new one and give the
Laptop a new IP-Address.
Now I try to get new-mails from the IMAP-Server.
As I am looking at the network with
  tcpdump -i wlan1 -n
I can observe that "nobody" is sending new IP-packages.
I'll try to find at which part of kmail/kio_imap4 we are waiting for.

Let have a look at other mail-frontend. Under Ubuntu, I try the same senario
with Evolution. No problem there.

hmmm!, I think we should solve it soon, even with a "not so pretty" workaround.

guy