[Kde-pim] Kontact Summary Page Hanging - more info

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu May 13 09:26:54 BST 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010 22:17:31 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 May 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > Hmm. In this case I'd look for the culprit by disabling all summary
> > > plugins and then enabling them one by one.
> >
> > OK - I tried that.  I renamed my kontact_summaryrc~ to save it, then
> > cleaned out the whole content of kontact_summaryrc.  Kontact still
> > doesn't display.
> >
> > Last week I was given a command that should have caused the display
> > if the processes are running, but I get a failure with it.  Perhaps
> > you can see what's wrong with the command, so that I can test it
> > again.
> >
> > qdbus org.kde.kontact
> > /kontact/MainWindow_1.com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget.show
> >
> > gives
> >
> > Path '/kontact/MainWindow_1.com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget.show' is not a
> > valid path name.
>
> Try
>   qdbus org.kde.kontact /kontact/MainWindow_1/com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget
> show

"Path '/kontact/MainWindow_1/com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget' is not a valid path
name."

> Alternatively, you can always use qdbusviewer.

Never used that before, and not sure what I'm looking for, but filtering on
kontact gives me

org.kde.kontact
org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukontologyloader

Connected to D-Bus.

Just one thing that I have noticed, and I don't know whether it's significant
or not.  When I've tried to launch Kontact I have to kill it - and I use
System Activity Monitor for that.  Killing Kontact leaves many kio-files
behind.  Killing one (sometimes two) takes most of the others with it, but
there is always one left behind.  It appears to be related to the launcher.
If more information can be gathered from that, please tell me what to check
for, since the monitor does show quite a bit of information about the
processes.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group