[Kde-pim] Kontact Summary Page Hanging - more info

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun May 9 01:44:19 BST 2010

Kubuntu 10.04 x86
Qt: 4.6.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.3 (KDE 4.4.3)
kde4-config: 1.0

I have had an issue since 4.4.2 where switching to the Summary page appeared
to cause Kontact to hang but upon further investigation its seems the problem
is nepomuk.

I ran top while doing the switch and observed neopmuk, virtuoso and dbus-
daemon consume nearly 100% CPU between them, this lasts approx a minute before
they drop to normal and the switch completes.

Switching back to another kontact tab (kmail etc) does not consume any cpu or
block.

I'm pretty sure it used to be worse - kontact would block indefinitely which is
why I presumed it was hanging as opposed to being really slow :)

My summary view has all the plug-ins activated.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home