[Kde-pim] Akonadi on NFS

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat May 8 09:42:08 BST 2010

On Saturday, 2010-05-08, Ryan Rix wrote:
> On Fri 7 May 2010 10:32:07 am Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > For Linux this could probably be changed to use an abstract socket.
> > In the future we might have access to a xdgbasedirs variable for this
>
> kind
>
> > of file, I've seen related discussion on the XDG list.
>
> This issue has been discussed on fedora's devel list a few months ago, for
> extra context:
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-March/133882.html
> and that entire thread in general.

Right, so the server would need to be enhanced to check that the connecting
program is running for the same UID as itself, just in case any other user's
program would find a way to determine the randon abstract socket name.

Seems to work for D-Bus.

Or extend akonadi.cpp to replace environment variables in the already
configurable socket directory (I made that configurable on purpose).

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring