[Kde-pim] FOSS Outlook PST convertors

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 25 09:17:46 BST 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-05-25, Markus wrote:
> Hi.
> In case you've missed it: Microsoft released code to access Outlook's PST
> files as FOSS under the Apache License 2.0:
> http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2010/05/outlook-lock-in-could-vanish-
> with-new-open-source-projects.ars

Looks interesting, though it is probably wise to wait until it is confirmed
that the licence is compatible.

That should be done in a couple of days, I am pretty sure the usual suspects
are already looking into that.

> That might be interesting to our corporate sponsors...

I am not sure how many prospective customers are using local PST storage, most
will probably use some kind of groupware server.

Nevertheless, interesting news.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring