[Kde-pim] Distribution List work-around?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Mar 3 20:07:02 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 03 March 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I had a distribution list called Userbase_Issues.  In my new
> addressbook there is an entry called Userbase_Issues.  Is it
> possible to identify that entry in ~/.local/share/contacts and just
> paste in the list of identifiers from the old distlist?  For me it's
> not a big issue, but a forum member needs to recover his list of
> 200+ club members.

If this forum member has access to a pre-4.4 version of KAddressBook
then exporting all members of the distlist to a separate address book
and then adding this address book as new address book to KAddressBook
4.4 might be an acceptable workaround. In order to send a message to
this distlist he could then simply select all contacts from this address
book.

An obvious downside is the duplication of the contacts which can quickly
lead to inconsistencies.

Regards,
Ingo