[Kde-pim] The SyncML integration problem..

Dinesh saidinesh5 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 10:49:30 BST 2010

Hi

> On Sunday, 2010-03-28, Dinesh wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> Having suffered from a needless loss of efforts not that long ago due to
> decisions made by the OpenSync project, most of us a relunctant to even
> consider working on anything related before they actually release
> something.
>
> > or is it better to write a syncml agent which is tightly integrated with
> > akonadi/kde 4 pim directly??
>
> One of the approaches the looks most promising is better KDE integration
> for
> SyncEvolution. Such an integration would basically be twofold: data access
> (e.g. in the form of finishing the Akonadi backend for SyncEvolution) and
> runtime infrastructure access (KDE bluetooth pairing, device detection,
> proxy
> parameters, etc).

hmm..... yes , i ll check syncevolution out ASAP ...

> Patrick has created a prototype of the former and can most likely provide a
> list (or hints where to look) of things necessary for the second.

again..ya... just came across this link while googling... would soon
check it out..

> Sascha if I remember correctl you indicated that you most likely won't have
> time this year to participate in GSOC yourself, do you think you could be a
> mentor for this?

Sascha: is it the same person who worked on GSoC project last year to
provide akonadi agent for syncml?? it was only yesterday that i found
out about this GSoC project...( i would like to know more about
it..(actually svn is blocked in my college, so i ll have to try out
other ways to get the code, so it might take some time)...)... and i
was under the impression to drop the idea of the proposal for syncml
support for akonadi for gsoc this year...( cuz, as per his blog it
looked nearly over...)so can anyone please tell me about what is
needed out here??

thanks
dinesh