[Kde-pim] Git migration rules

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Thu Mar 11 18:24:29 GMT 2010

On Thursday 11 March 2010 12.10.58 Thomas McGuire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 09 March 2010 19:17:31 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
[...]
> > Yes but... Then we need to be certain about what branches we should keep
> > since all others (not merged with history) will be lost.
> >
> > So if someone can give me a list of these branches and we are 100% sure
> > about them, yes.
>
> Ok, these branches need to exist in the repo, they are still active:
> - trunk
> - the X.Y branches (well not sure if we need them all, but at least the 4.Y
>   ones, for the occasional securtiy fix)
> - akonadi-ports (Akregator is there)
> - enterprise (KDE3-based, still active development)
> - enterprise4 (still Kleopatra-related development)

Added rules for these.

> Branches that are fully merged, which we don't need as a branch in the
> repo: - branches/kdepim/soc
> - branches/work/kdab-post-4.0
> - branches/kdepim/proko2
> - branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+
> - branches/kdepim/kmail-soc
> - branches/kdepim/scalix
> - make-it-cool branch
> - osnabrück branch
> - branches/work/~vkrause
>
> No idea about the other branches here.
>
> I also found a bunch of branches in /branches/kdepim/, all of them (except
> the ones mentioned above) don't need a branch in the repo, including them
> in the history should be enough.

No other branches then the ones mentioned in the previous section is in the
rule files, branches may be added when the migration tool finds the merge (not
sure about this).

[snip translations as they stay in svn]
> Then branches/kdepim/enterprise4 contains a bunch of forks of kdelibs and
> kdebase. I have no idea what to do with them, but we can't loose them.
> Maybe add as branches to the main kdelibs and kdebase repos?

That would be my choice, since they are branches to those modules.

> Next point: enterprise and enterprise4 contain a "packaging" subdir, which
> I think shouldn't be included in the kdepim repo either. Can we have a
> seperate repo kdepim-packaging or kdepim-enterprise-packaging for that,
> with two branches? Just like kdepim-enterprise-translations.

Sure.

> That should cover the enterprise branches, I think.
>
> The "runtime" subdir of kdepim should be added to a seperate repo, kdepim-
> runtime.

Is this final, or is the one repo for kdepim and kdepimlibs still on the table?

> Torgny, you and Ingo are communicating with each other to coordinate, I
> assume? Also, is there a wiki page with all information or is everything in
> this thread?

Not so far, last I heard Ingo had troubles with syncing the repository.
But I'm sure this will change soon :)

/Regards
Torgny