[Kde-pim] Role vs. Profession

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Thu Mar 11 15:17:52 GMT 2010

Hej,

the KABC::Addressee object provides the following three fields:
  - Title
  - Role
  - Profession

while the first two are defined in vCard standard, the latter is a custom
field that we added some years ago (also I can't remember why).

The vCard spec says TITLE is the job-title e.g. 'Software Developer' while
ROLE is the role that the vCard object can play in a given situation e.g.
'Project Leader'.

So doesn't Profession describe the same as property as Title, namely what the
professional job of this vCard object is?

I'd like to get rid of this custom field and want some input so
that I can adapt all occurences of the usage.

Ciao,
Tobias