[Kde-pim] SoC idea

Frank Thieme frank at fthieme.net
Fri Mar 5 00:07:52 GMT 2010

2010/3/4 Ryan Rix <ry at n.rix.si>:
> On Thu 4 March 2010 9:34:41 am Dr. Robert Marmorstein wrote:
>> Doing a little more research on this, I realized that Akregator already
>> supports/uses OPML.  Perhaps extending OPML to keep track of which posts
>> have  been read would be a better approach?
>
> Or create a backend for akregator called remote-metakit that uses the same
> metakit database format over http (that /should/ be possible, may have to use
> a different DB) to retrieve the articles and their statuses, and a GUI to set
> up and configure it.

I guess this would require a server side daemon or something, so that
you can actually write on http, wouldn't it? This would narrow the
places where you can do this. I mean a lot of people have webspace,
but most people just rent it somewhere and cannot install own software
on it. On the other hand there are a lot of poeple using IMAP.

Bye...Frank