[Kde-pim] IMAP/Pop3 Config UIs

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Mar 29 07:25:37 BST 2010

On Sunday 28 March 2010 22:47:44 Casey Link wrote:
> I've taken the comments into consideration, and tried to improve the
> mockups.
>
> As suggested, the detailed, technical options were moved to an Advanced
> tab. Because this would have resulted in their being 4 dialogs, I removed
> the IMAP settings tab and placed those options under advanced in order to
> keep the complexity of the dialog low.

Good move.

> I added the port and description fields to the General tab,

No good IMO, but my position about that is known already.

> and moved the subscription settings to Advanced.

Definitely makes sense.

> I simplified the wall of authentican options into a ComboBox,

I kept the radio button for "legacy" reasons since that's what we had for
years now. But seeing the combo box now it definitely makes sense and I wonder
why we didn't do that earlier!

> and for the
> sake of comparison showed the port number in the Advanced tab too,
> because I think it might do better their (as opposed to in the General
> Tab).

Having the port here is definitely a good compromise between Thomas and myself
I think. :-)

Nice work!

Regards.
--