[Kde-pim] IMAP/Pop3 Config UIs

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Mar 30 13:11:44 BST 2010

On Sunday 28 March 2010 15:10:53 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Also, I'd add an indicator or a label which simply says "Insecure
> connection" and "Secure connection". Or a simple choice between
> "Insecure connection" and "Secure connection". Or "Insecure connection",
> "Secure connection (via SSL)" and "Secure connection (via TLS)".

I haven't actually being following this thread, but I happened on this message
by accident.  I think John Doe would find that really scarey.  They don't see
Insecure in quite the same light as you do - we know that it is normal for
most ISP connections but should not be used for sensitive information, but to
them it probably would suggest huge risks of viruses and trojans.  I'd prefer
to see something like "Connection" and "Encrypted Connection".  I think that
it would mean more to ordinary users.

Just my 2p, from dealing with non-tech users ;-)

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group