[Kde-pim] Q about CachedImap code

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Wed Mar 31 19:30:25 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't be of much help here, that goes deeper than I normally look
in the dIMAP code.

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 18:20:53 Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Working on my "fix Ignore Thread" challenge, I'm struggling with
> kmail/kmfoldercachedimap.cpp (slotGetMessagesData):
>
>  * around line 1846 (KDE 4.4.2) there are some assumptions about the
> ordering of the headers, in particular "X-Length" should be after "X-UID".
> Where does this assumption come from?  Looking at some mail (as displayed
> by kmail's "View Source" command) this assumption doesn't hold.  Bug?  Or
> is the "entry" QByteArray not the raw message but does hold the headers
> sorted?

No idea about the assumption.

>  * The code also tries to parse an X-Flags header.  I never see this
> header, but I see a Status: and an X-Status header.  (Again, from within
> kmail. I'll look at the on-disk files on the imap server when I'm onlie.)

No idea either, maybe it is just code to deal with legacy mails.

>  * Finally, looking at messagestatus.cpp, it seems X-Status should include
> "I" for ignored messages, but this is not always present.  Or should it
> only be set on the top-level message of an ignored thread?  (and if so:
> what about cases where mail arrives out of order and an ignored thread
> getting a new top-level thread?  I'm not exactly certain, but on a first
> glance it seems that ModelPrivate::attachMessageToParent only goes in
> parent -> child direction, so it might be missing this case.)

Again, no idea :(
Could well be that the code does not deal with a parent that comes in later.

Regards,
Thomas