[Kde-pim] KDE - Counting Number of Address Books

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Jun 29 15:02:54 BST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:35:30PM +0200, GOO Creations wrote:
Hej Christoph,

> The second option you provided works fine, but the first one (the
> recommended one) doesn't.
Hmm, does the QObject::connect() call have the right parameters (any warnings on console output?)

> After I did some debugging, I've noticed that the signal result( KJob* )
> is never emitted, hence
Is the job object somehow deleted before it can emit the signal?

The both versions do practically the same with the small difference that exec() starts
its own event loop in which the job is run, the preferred version uses the main event loop.
So the code path for fetching the data from the Akonadi server is 100% identical.

Ciao,
Tobias