[Kde-pim] SyncML meeting - conclusions

Dr. Robert Marmorstein robert at narnia.homeunix.com
Fri Jun 4 16:34:23 BST 2010

> mzanetti, kfx, drf, saidinesh5, ruphy, atomopawn, vkrause, mschnide, krake,
> phoenixx, SeyZ.

I'd like to point out that my (atomopawn's) contribution to any kind of
"consensus" was the observation that the meeting hadn't worked out and we
should try to reschedule it.  I certainly didn't recommend any decisions like
those mentioned previously in the thread.  By the way, I STILL feel strongly
that we should try to schedule a new meeting.  Perhaps with a smaller set of
people to make things easier to organize?

> > Besides there are other already successful 'KDE sync
> > solutions' like KPilot.
>
> Now, *this* is off-topic. Are you suggesting we should move everything into
> kpilot? ;-)

Actually, this might not be a bad idea.  KPilot has a robust user interface, a
modular design (each "conduit" is a backend).  It also has the beginnings of a
nice suite of unit tests.  It also already has Akonadi support.  Of course, as
a kpilot "developer", I'm a little biased.  It's true that the code needs to
be significantly refactored and updated, but it's almost always a good idea to
start from existing code than to start over from scratch.

Robert