[Kde-pim] [kde-promo] Akonadi questionez

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Jun 3 09:00:56 BST 2010

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 21:11:32 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> 2010/6/2 Tobias Koenig <tokoe at kde.org>:
> > On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 06:26:54PM +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> >> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Vivek Prakash <vivek.ap at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hej Jos,
> >
> >> Thanks all for your input. Feel free to check out the result:
> >> http://community.kde.org/Promo/Strategy/Akonadi
> >
> > Thank you very much for collecting these information, now we finally have
> > a page we can link to when some users start to complain again and we are
> > to lazy to explain all this stuff over and over again :)
>
> My pleasure. However, this page is more meant for our own contributors
> to help them explain Akonadi to our users. Not that it's wrong to
> point others towards it of course, but maybe the information should be
> put on userbase somehow. Then again, that's duplicating work. Hmmmm...

There are already four pages on userbase addressing akonadi -

http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_4.4/Troubleshooting
http://userbase.kde.org/KAddressBook
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi_and_AddressBook

These were written with the assistance of Tobias Koenig.

They do not address the reasons for Akonadi in the same way - maybe I'll add
that in more clearly - but there is a great deal of information there.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group