[Kde-pim] Stepping down as KMail maintainer

Thomas McGuire mcguire at kde.org
Thu Jul 29 23:36:15 BST 2010

Hi,

hereby I step down as the KMail maintainer. The reason for that is simple: I'm
simply not motivated at all anymore, the usual maintainer tasks just feel like
a chore. In my free time, I'd rather do something I have fun at and where I
learn new things, and that is not the case anymore after maintaining KMail for
2 years.

In practice, I don't know yet how much my involvement will change. I've
already stopped reading the bugs mailinglist. I'll however of course stay
around on the mailinglist and on IRC, and probably continue doing some of the
other things like looking at some review requests. And I'll still do the
occasional commit, especially when I work on PIM during work time.

Not much more to say on this I guess.

Regards,
Thomas