[Kde-pim] KDE/kdepim/incidenceeditors/incidenceeditor-ng

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Jul 12 08:46:38 BST 2010

On Sunday 11 July 2010 17:33:10 Casey Link wrote:
> On Thursday, July 08, 2010 07:31:08 am Bertjan Broeksema wrote:
> > SVN commit 1147505 by bbroeksema:
> >
> > When an incidence is an event, don't show the In process and Completed
> > actions for attendees. For todos we do show these actions.

Are the other states (accepted, declinded, etc.) defined for todos or should
some of them maybe be hidden there?

> > No error
> > handling currently (e.g. what happens if an event attendee has the
> > completed status set on load?)
>
> The only way this could happen is if the event was created in an older
> version of korg.

Data with broken states can come in at any point in time via groupware servers
or invitation mails.

> So, couldn't we do something fancy with an upgrade
> script?
>
> But, what should the behavior in this case? Drop it?

I see two possibilities:
- show the state in that case and thus preserving it, but probably making the
code a bit ugly
- map it to a valid state, no idea which one would make most sense though

regards
Volker