[Kde-pim] Moving MessageStatus to kdepimlibs

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Thu Jul 29 14:28:32 BST 2010

Hi guys,

Reviewboard won't accept my patch (apparently it doesn't like changes
to files that are moved), so i'm posting it here as I'd like some
review.

MessageStatus is in kdepim/messagecore/, which (a) makes it hard to
use elsewhere and (b) results in it being copied all over. I know
there are a few copies floating around and I just removed an
out-of-sync copy from the kmindexreader library. There is also one in
the mixedmaildir, and also in lionmail, for example. It's useful as
any app that deals with kmime:messages and wants to interact with
flags will want to use it.

Also, as i'm planning to add attachment status support for messages, i
would like to use the attachment-related flags from MessageStatus in
the resources, which also requires MessageStatus to be in pimlibs or
copied.

In the attached patch, I moved MessageStatus to
kdepimlibs/akonadi/kmime/. The new namespace is
Akonadi::MessageStatus, because I couldn't think of a better one. I
know pimlibs has stricter API requirements, hence the request for a
review.

Patch is:

http://pwsp.cleinias.com/messagestatus_move2.diff

cheers,