[Kde-pim] New Libraries KCalCore and KCalUtils

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Jul 18 21:12:04 BST 2010

Howdy PIMsters,

You'll notice 2 new libraries have arrived in kdepimlibs called KCalCore and KCalUtils.

These libraries are a splitting and refactoring and modernizing of the old KCal library.
Also importantly, the new libraries contain no references to the old Calendar resources.

Sergio and I (well, mostly Sergio) are porting kdepim trunk to use these new libraries.

We will keep the old KCal library around throughout the KDE4 lifespan.
However, note that only bad bugs will be fixed -- and of course no new features.

I urge extragear code and 3rd party code to consider porting to KCalCore+KCalUtils.

That's all for now.
-Allen