[Kde-pim] KIMAP library

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jul 27 08:35:29 BST 2010

Merry wrote:
> > There are also some more general issues, though.
>
> Oh,
and I forgot the most serious - there appear to be
> binary-incompatible
(source-incompatible, even) changes in trunk:
> FetchJob's methods to access
the data no longer do anything, but return
> empty maps.  So any code using
FetchJob and using those methods will
> break when KIMAP is upgraded to 4.6,
whether or not that code is
> recompiled.

Note that it affects ListJob as
well.

I guess the trick was to look at the offending commit message.
;-)

-
r1150172 | ervin | 2010-07-15 11:34:35 +0200 (Thu, 15 Jul 2010) | 8
lines

Deprecate those methods and have them return nothing now.
It was a
design issue to actually have them exported, that pushes us to
potentially
eat up a lot of memory during messages fetching and
mailboxes
listing.

Definitely a behavior change, but we've only one user codebase
depending
on this behavior so far. So we should be
fine.

---

And yes that's a behavior change, and yes that sucks (my bad), but
luckily we had only one user of those methods so far.

Regards.
--
Kévin
Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net