[Kde-pim] Q: virtual / unread email collections; flags; drop data

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:35:14 BST 2010

Stephen Kelly wrote:
> What you could do today though is to fetch the whole
> collection tree and use lazyitempopulation and a
> Akonadi::SelectionProxyModel with a CheckableItemsProxyModel.
>
> See the checkable items tab in the etm_usage example application which
> does something like that but with a KSelectionProxyModel. You could
> programmatically manipulate a QItemSelectionModel representing the checked
> items and save and restore the checked items to KConfig with
> akonadi_next/ETMViewStateSaver::setSelectionModel.
>
> That again would give you a list of all emails, and you would need a
> filter to get the unread ones only.
>
>> - a collection showing emails marked as important
>
> Similar to unread.
>
> Maybe I'll add a tab to the etm_usage app showing how to do this.

I did this yesterday.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/examples/etm_usage/unreadmailsincollectionswidget.cpp?view=markup

I'd really encourage anyone who works with ETM either developing new stuff
or maintaining an app that uses it to read and play around with that and the
other widgets in the app.

Understand why things are connected the way they are, use the VIEW macro to
see the contents of each intermediate model etc.

All the best,

Steve.