[Kde-pim] Updated gb holiday file

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:16:11 GMT 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 00:23:11 John Layt wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 January 2010 19:15:58 Ian Neal wrote:
> >   Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> > > Thanks for the patch, I'll commit it soon. I just have a small issue
> > > with this
> > >
> > > date :
> > >
> > > which is displayed twice. The updated file will be part of KDE 4.4
> > >
> > > Christophe.

> > Unfortunately the only way to get the Boxing Day Bank Holiday to show up
> > correctly is to have those two entries. The current syntax for the
> > holiday file cannot seem to cope in one line with (unless you know
> > otherwise):
> > if Boxing Day Bank Holiday falls on Saturday move it to Monday else if
> > it falls on Sunday or Monday move it to Tuesday.
> >
> > Hope that answers your issue.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Ian

> I don't think the current SHIFT syntax will work here, and I can't think of
> another form that would work 100% either.  I'll try come up with a change
> to the grammar for 4.5 to cater for more complex shift rules, or an
> exclude keyword, or a de-dupe process (or all of them).

Actually, now I've almost completely re-written the parser and understand it
better, there is a way to do it using the existing Relative Date syntax rather
than the Shift syntax.  Have a look at the file for Chile (cl) which does a
lot of this.  It's a little hard to understand but it will work until I sort
out a better Shift syntax:

"Boxing Day Bank Holiday" red on (([12/26] == [saturday after ([12/25])] ) ?
[monday after ([12/25])] : (([12/26] == [sunday after ([12/25])] || [12/26] ==
[monday after ([12/25])]) ? [tuesday after ([12/25])]:[12/26]))

Remember that all needs to go on 1 line.  It doesn't remove the need to have 2
separate entries for "Boxing Day" and "Boxing Day Bank Holiday", but it's
better than 3 entries or not having the day off marked at all :-)

John.

P.S. Should we also include the new one-off 2012 holidays now while we
remember?