[Kde-pim] KHolidays support for alternative calendar systems

Ian Neal iann_bugzilla at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 20 00:19:29 GMT 2010

  John Layt wrote:
> Some of this will see a change in behaviour of KHolidays if not api/abi, but
> with only 2 current clients I think the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

Would one of those you know about include KMyMoney 3.95svn? That has
just started using HolidayRegion->isHoliday(date),
HolidayRegion->isValid() and HolidayRegion::locations()

I am happy to work on the relevant changes required, if any are needed,
to KMyMoney though.

> * Split the existing holiday files up into civil and religious files and
> create a better naming scheme including country, language, region and type.
So would that mean HolidayRegion::locations() (or the equivalent) could
be passed an argument that means it will only return those locations
that have holiday files of a particular type (e.g. civil)?

For religious files would they be named by faith and language only?
> * Try sort out translation of the file names (I18N_NOOP the English names in a
> file somewhere?).
Does KDE offer all the necessary methods to convert the file names
without having to have a file somewhere? I presume it knows all
languages and countries, but does it need to be taught about
States/Islands/etc and faiths/religions?

Any plans to add a way of selecting holiday calendars to the KDE Control
Module (Country/Region & Language)?

Ian