[Kde-pim] Signal when resource is loading ?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Jan 31 10:54:45 GMT 2010

On Thursday 28 January 2010 14:34:02 laurent Montel wrote:
> Hi,
> there is a problem, when we try to restore config from a resource for
> example in korganizer selected calendar we use
> "Akonadi::EntityModelStateSaver " or "Akonadi::EntityTreeViewStateSaver"
> (in kmail)
>
> But load is async so we didn't know when Entityview is completly loading
> (all resource loaded).

just to clarify, do you mean that ETM/ETVStateSaver classes do not work (they
are supposed to handle exactly the async loading problem) or that you have
additional state you want to restore in the same way?

> So we can't load config in good time.
>
> I don't know where add this signal or perhaps there is a signal to inform
> it.

There is no such signal since the model does not necessarily load everything
but only the parts needed for display, loading is never really finished that
way. The code Tobias mentions as well as the ETM/ETVStateSaver classes watch
the model and re-apply a previously stored state as soon as the corresponding
object is loaded.

regards
Volker