[Kde-pim] Kontact: Groupware ohne Groupware Server - Video of Talk by Bernhard Reiter

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sun Jan 10 15:22:44 GMT 2010

On the 7th of Juli 2009 I gave a presentation exploring the idea of
using KDE Kontact without an explicite Groupware Server, but possibly
a fileserver and an email server for supporting groups.

This was during the 4th Heinlein Mailserver-Konferenz in Berlin and they have
meanwhile put up a video. It can reach via
http://intevation.de/~bernhard/presentations/index.de.html

I cannot comment on quality of the video, because I haven't had the time yet
to fully see the 85 minutes. As part of the talk I am also brielfy presenting
Kontact on Windows  (in a slow virtual machine, but that was good enough for
the purposes of the demo).

By the way just before christmas, we as the Kolab KDE PIM people, had put out
another version of the stand-a-lone windows installer of Kontact, check
version 20091204-3 from
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Client_windows_kontact
(This is based on the enterprise4 branch, which is _not_ akonadi, but uses
an index file implementation with sqlite and an older kdelibs. The good part
is: While there are some edges, it is quite usable for real purposes.)

Feedback appreciated,
Bernhard