[Kde-pim] Syncing Maemo PIM apps with KDE PIM 4.3/4.4

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Tue Feb 9 11:21:37 GMT 2010

Am Montag 01 Februar 2010 22:43:35 schrieb Gunter Ohrner:
> Hi!
>
> I just noticed the N900 smartphone and am pretty impressed. Especially I
> like the fact to have a basically uncrippled and rather open environment
> on my PDA, the fact it's running Linux just tops it off.
>
> However I was not able to find a definitive answer if it's easily
> possible to sync the Maemo default PIM apps with the KDE PIM suite. I'm
> happy about any pointers to docs, good howtos or older mailing list
> threads discussing this topic, I'm willing to RTFM, but could not find
> much concrete information so far.
Hi!

So far I use Kolab-Server with z-push (Mail4Exchange on Nokia) for contacts and appointments. Todo-List do not work (yet).
Mail of course is always in sync, Kolab is an IMAP server ;-) Server-site syncing is great when you work in a multi client environment (one client at home, one at work, one on notebook) and the server is the only common base.

Bye

  Thorsten