[Kde-pim] Akonadi killed KMail????

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:33:56 GMT 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 06:21:41 pm Tobias Koenig wrote:
> he software is not broken, only the configuration I guess, and that's the
> fault of your distributor!

Well I've tried clean installs of Kubuntu and OpenSUSE now with upgrades to
4.4 and Akonadi/Kontact was broken on both and took considerable spelunking to
get it even half working. I still get akonadi error boxes on startup and
occasionally resources go missing. Now apparently Fedora is having problems.

All this moving to a heavily engineered architecture that going to solve all
our future problems while giving all new problems with stuff that use to work
and of course its not the design or software - its the packaging of all those
distro's - it smells very much like the pulseaudio mess. Its not very
confidence inspiring

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home