[Kde-pim] Is there an Akregator that should be used for commits?

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Mon Feb 15 13:33:16 GMT 2010

On Monday 15 February 2010 11:43:33 Jonathan Marten wrote:
> On Monday 15 February 2010 06:55:15 Frank Osterfeld wrote:
> > Development is going on in branches/work/akonadi-ports/kdepim, in theory.
> > In practice not much is happening atm, so please just commit to trunk.
> > There is quite a bunch of commits that will need review and porting to
> > akonadi-ports anyway.
>
> Thanks for the information Frank, will continue to use trunk for the
>  moment.
>
> Am I right in guessing that there is not going to be much use of Akonadi in
> Akregator anyway?  (well, certainly not as much as in KMail).

No, the plan is to fully port Akregator to Akonadi. That's the ongoing work in
the akonadi-ports branch. As manpower is lacking, we don't know when it
actually will be ready to be merged into trunk (which won't happen until we
are sure that we can get it into releasable shape until the next KDE SC
release), that's why I suggest to commit UI-related changes to trunk.
Of course, help with the Akonadi port would be also very welcome :)

Frank