[Kde-pim] Answering questions about akonadi etc - need clarification

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Wed Feb 17 21:05:17 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 04:19:16PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 February 2010 15:49:52 Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hej Anne,

> > But actually you should remove this resource as well after copying the
> > contacts from there to the 'Personal Contacts' resource (which should have
> > been done by the migration tool... why the heck doesn't it work....).
> >
> It did work :-)  All my old contacts are there.  It's clear now that I have
> been misunderstanding things.  I feel much more confident now, but I really
> think that I must write all this up on userbase.  It should save an awful lot
> of repetitious writing :-)
Thanks a lot for all your work in this area! Unfortunately we developers are
much to lazy in this aspect! (shame on us :))

> One last question.  When the rest of the components move to akonadi, will all
> the data be under ~/.local/share?  From what you've said, it sounds as though
> it will, which again should make backup easy.
Well, contacts and mails are stored there now, I don't know what the plan for
events/todos is, but it would make sense to store them there as well.
I'll keep it in mind when discussion pops up!

Ciao,
Tobias