[Kde-pim] KMail problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 21:43:38 GMT 2010

WTF is up with KMail? Ever since I installed a bunch of updates this
morning, KMail started having problems. I got a brilliant idea and
decided to see if restarting KMail would solve the problem. Well, it
didn't. It caused more problems. Now I can't get into KMail -- it
loads but I can't do anything -- and there's a message on my system
(at home -- logged into it from remote) stating "starting akonadi
server." Now WTF is that and why is it not starting???
Is there any way to get KMail going again??? Is KMail being replaced
by Evolution (God forbid!)???