[Kde-pim] KDE SC 4.4: How to tell Addressbook to reload/refresh data from IMAP?

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Mon Feb 22 10:57:50 GMT 2010

Am Freitag, 19. Februar 2010 17:46:53 schrieb Stephen Kelly:
> Markus Feilner wrote:
> > Hello List,
>
> Hi Markus,
>
> > How can I tell Kontact/Kadressbookof SC 4.4 to regularly refresh the
> > Groupware data stored in my dIMAP account? SC 4.4 behaves strangely here,
> > I can edit local data, but it doesn't upload them to the IMAP server, and
> > changed data don't reach the adressbook.. If I change the data with
> > another (KDE 3.5) kontact client (on a dfferent machine), the (mails
> > containing the) contact entries are immediately changed. But the KDE 4.4
> > Kontact won't nobviously notice that unless I remove the adressbook and
> > add it again from scratch.
>
> This seems like a bug introduced late just before the 4.4.0 release, and
> already fixed in 4.4.1. Do the contacts appear if you restart kaddressbook?
>

> Steve.

Thanks Steven, no, only the cached version is loaded. Akonadi, Nepomuk, Strigi and all the required
MySQL-Stuff is running without errors :-), but the data seems only to be reloaded from the server
when adding it as a new adressbook. I switched to "Read-Only" to make sure not to have inconsistent
data... I can live with that until 4.4.1 is available... :-)

BTW: I noticed that the data changed locally survives a reboot, am I right? I added a friend as a
contact account, that entry now permanently resides only on my client, and it is never updated to my
IMAP server ...

I am using KMail Version 1.13.0 on KDE 4.4.00 (KDE 4.4.0) "release 224", on Open Suse.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best Regards,

Markus Feilner,
Stellvertretender Chefredakteur Linux-Magazin

--
Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Str. 71, 81739 München, Germany
Phone: +49 89 99 34 11 22, Fax: +49 89 9934 1199

Linux New Media, the Pulse of Linux: Lawrence,KS - Malaga -
Manchester - München -  Sao Paulo - Warszawa

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Putzbrunner Str. 71, 81739 München
Amtsgericht München: HRB 129161
Vorstand: Brian Osborn, Hermann Plank
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rudolf Strobl

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner

-------------------------
Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare, Workshops and Authoring
Koetztinger Strasse 6c		93057 Regensburg - Germany
Phone:				+49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobile:				+49 170 3 02 70 92
Web: www.feilner-it.net 	mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner
Linkedin: http://de.linkedin.com/in/markusfeilner
Linux Magazine Germany: 	mfeilner at linuxnewmedia.de
My books at Packt: Open source - privacy and connectivity for everyone!
 New and revised:  	http://www.packtpub.com/learning-openvpn-2-0-9/book
 Sold over 3000 times:	http://www.packtpub.com/openvpn/book
 My Groupware book: 	http://www.packtpub.com/scalix/book