[Kde-pim] Re: KDEPIM Git Move

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Thu Dec 2 13:59:34 GMT 2010

On Thursday 02 December 2010 13.44.04 David Jarvie wrote:
> On Thu, December 2, 2010 12:32 pm, Torgny Nyblom wrote:

20 Dec: Whole files/directories may not be merged.
21-22 Dec: KDE 4.6 is branched:
27 Dec: Rules and generated gits availabe for review.
4 Jan: KDEPIM is made read-only.
5 Jan: KDEPIM is converted.
6 Jan: KDEPIM is pushed to git.kde.org
6 Jan: KDEPIM git acceptance check.
<=10 Jan: KDEPIM is open for buissness as usual but hosted in git,

Would be the new schedule.

The Dec 27 point might be earlier depending on the late changes to the SVN
tree. If so later dates might be moved in time as well, or?

I'll do all work except the review/acceptance check. For those points I count
on you (the community).

> >> I don't know what's involved in git conversion rules, but a single day
> >> review them seems much too short, especially around Christmas/New Year
> >> time when many people could be away from home and unable to access
> >> them.
> >> I'd suggest a week minimum.
> >
> > Fine by me but that would mean that KDEPIM is readonly for one week
> > extra.
>
> The proposed schedule shows kdepim being made read-only AFTER the review
> period, so why would kdepim need to be read-only for a week extra?

Ahh, sorry about that. I wrongly thought about the review as being after the
read-only mark. But it will mean that the merge ban is prolonged as that
affects the rules.

Do we have a way of keeping track of when people think that it will be ok to
convert (ie, the rules and repos are reviewed) or should that happen here on
the ML?

/Regards
Torgny