[Kde-pim] [GIT Migration] History importance

Torgny Nyblom kde at nyblom.org
Wed Dec 8 19:26:45 GMT 2010

Hi,

After trying to get 100% match in history between git and svn and talking to
Ian (who is converting kdelibs/kdebase) I think that the goal of 100% match in
history is unrealistic due to the amount of single files being copied from
outside the modules.

I recomend that we take the same approach as kdepibs/kdebase does and only
follow library/applications moves. This will break history for about 300 files
(of about 4'500) for kdepimlibs (haven't couned for the other two repos).

Thoughts?

/Regards
Torgny