[Kde-pim] Re: Git or svn for kdepim branches?

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Thu Dec 30 11:08:50 GMT 2010

On Thursday 30 December 2010 10:14:33 Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On Thursday 30 December 2010 01.42.53 David Jarvie wrote:
> > There are kdepim 4.4 and 4.5 branches in both git and svn repositories. For
> > the 4.5 branch, the svn repository has the most recent commit. Should
> > updates continue to be committed to the svn repository? If so, shouldn't
> > the git branches be removed to avoid confusion?
>
> As far as I remember only the 4.4 branch should be left open in SVN.

Does this mean that for updates to 4.4, svn should be used, and for anything later, git should be used? In that case, the 4.5 branch should be removed from svn, and there should be something on gitweb.kde.org/kdepim.git to say that branches 4.4 and earlier are read-only. Perhaps the git branches should be renamed to "4.4-readonly" etc?

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.