[Kde-pim] Using Akonadi localdir and remote resource bridges

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Sun Dec 12 19:17:02 GMT 2010

The Akonadi version of KAlarm needs to provide either compatibility with the old ResourceLocalDir and ResourceRemote resources (in their modified KAlarm incarnations), or a migration facility for these resources.

I hope to write an Akonadi based localdir resource, but this isn't likely to be feasible for KDE 4.6, both because of the time needed to code and test it, and because it will presumably need new translatable strings. In the meantime, I'm trying to work out the feasibility of using the resource bridges. Can somebody (e.g. Kevin?) please give guidance on what is necessary to implement them for an application? The possible snag is that KAlarm would probably have to use a modified version of these resource bridges. I notice that plugins are used - would it be a problem having the implementing code outside the kdepim/runtime directory, or would any new code have to be located in kdepim/runtime?

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.